The cruise ship we chose was the Disney Wonder.
Timeline of our cruise
- A few pictures of the inside of the cruise ship. What our stateroom is like, a dining area, walking on deck, and so on. Few pictures here. More on the next posts.
- We missed our chance to get photos in Vancouver, but here are pictures of the external appearance of cruise ship Disney Wonder in the first port in Ketchikan.
- The path of cruising up to Ketchikan was often NOT in the inside passage, but a few parts of the journey were, so the photos show some spectacular views of narrow ocean passages and steep mountain sides.
- Mom had her birthday celebration on board. They did a really nice special thing for us.
- See the floating ice breaking off of the glacier. Seeing this glacier flow into the ocean is a big thrill. It’s located near Ketchikan.
- Of course, meeting the Disney characters, Mickey and Minne mouse, Goofy and Pluto, was delightful, for all ages.
- A side-trip excursion at extra cost, was worth it for me (Deanna). I’ve always loved dogs, and I’m a private pilot too, so I enjoyed the helicopter ride as much as the dog-sledding. Here’s the first set of pictures, the flight up to the glacier.
- More scenery of ocean passages, mountains, and glacier views, as the helicopter approaches the dog-sledding camp. These are really spectacular.
- When we arrived at the dog-sledding camp, it was so amazing, just taking photos of the camp was worth doing. Lots of dogs, dog houses, sleds, people, and helicopters.
- Still too even more photos of the dog camp. I really like these dogs.
- Time for the actual dog-sledding run. What a beautiful place to be. The sounds, the crisp air, I’ll never forget.
- Returning to the dog camp, it’s posing for pictures with puppies! Must see these adorable puppies.
- A helicopter ride from the glacier, back to sea level and our cruise ship. Different beautiful scenery.
- We took a train, from one place to a different place. to Ketchikan. It involved seeing things and taking pictures. We crossed the BC border into Alaska. Saw some cool bridges. Posed for pictures with Moose Antlers.
- And we spent some interesting time in Skagway. It was very relaxing.
Here’s some general Purpose information about tourism in Alaska
- Where is Alaska, and how can you get there.
- Vancouver is a great city too. It’s the starting point for Alaskan Cruises. Just a short page of basic information.
- What to wear if you’re going to spend time in Alaska. Adventuring on land, it’s colder than on a cruise ship.
- People live in Alaska for a reason. It has advantages.